Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Transfer 12, Week 4: Miracles Abound

Hey Everyone, 
        How are we doing today? It's really starting to warm up out here in Columbia Falls again, which is really nice. I'm not ready for winter weather, and I don't think anyone else is either. But that aside, we did see a few miracles this week that I want to expound upon.
         On Monday we spent the day at the Bigfork area and went on a hike to the top of this short peak. It was cold, and there was snow up the trail, making it a little slippery. But we went up anyway and had a ball. I got some good pictures too. 
         So, the beginning of the week, we went on exchanges with the Whitefish elders. I went to Whitefish with Elder Wright, and Elder Palmer went to Columbia Falls with Elder Suckow. It was a lot of fun. Elder Wright and I did a fair bit of service and worked on what we could down there. 
          Later, on Wednesday, we had a dinner lesson with the Shaffers and a referal that they had for us. His name was Jerry. He is super knowledgeable about the scriptures and has a belief in God. We had a great discussion with him about the Restoration and what we can do to know for ourselves. He said that he would like to learn more, but didn't know his work schedule yet, so we got his number, and are working on setrting up a return appointment. Yay!
           Similarily to that, on Thursday we were getting our haircuts, because that was the only day we had available this week.  Anyway, as we were going, the stylist that was cutting our hair asked us a bunch of questions,  but we again weren't exactly able to set up a return appointment, so we'll have to go back again. Haha.
            We had zone conference all day Friday, and didn't get back untill around 11pm from Missoula. It was awesome. Zone conference was very inspiring and helpful for me. I'm super excited for the rest of the transfer because of it. 
              I'm pretty happy with this week. It went a lot better than I would have expected. I'm grateful for the miracles that we have seen, and pray for many more as we do our best ot serve the Lord. Talk to ya next week.

Love, 
Elder Sherwood

pictures...
I don't have them yet from any of the activities. I''l send them next week.

P.S. This week in the Book of Mormon, I have been reading primarily about the words of Jacob, the brother of Nephi. It is really cool to see that Jacob expounds on Nephi's Teachings alot more than Nephi does. Just like how President Nelson expounds on the teachings of President Monson and other past prophets. It is awesome. 

No comments: