Monday, October 7, 2019

Transfer 12, Week 3: Conference Weekend

Hey Everyone, 
               How's it going? Other than the possibly still Snow Bound friends of Fairfield Montana, is everyone still enjoying the warmer weather?  Or is it starting to get  chilly for you as well? It's definetly back to jacket weather for those who don't already wear one, in my opinion at least. 
                 So... this week has been different for many reasons, let alone General Conference and all the changes there as well. Oh Boy, one can only get excited for the upcoming months. Actually now that I think about it, General Conference was one of the only big differences in the week than previous ones this transfer. 
                  We do a fair bit of service here in Columbia Falls for a Thrift Shop called "Klothes Kloset". It is a lot of fun. During this week, I saw a little cute hoodie that would fit my little brother Max perfectly. But by the time I was going to pick it up, it was no longer there. :(. Welp, you win some some and lose others sorry Max! But I did find a great buy of a lightweight Seattle Jacket that fits me perfectly. So yeah! During this time at the Thrift shop each week, we talk to several nonmembers and have even invited them to the ward family history event this upcoming Saturday, so I hope they can make it. 
                   We had a lesson with a man named Al this week. He is super knowledgeable about the scriptures, and even believes in living prophets, and pretty much everything we do. I can see him being a member someday soon, We just need to figure out what he needs most at this point. 
                  Let's see, we've spent a fair amount of time this week trying to contact recent move ins for the ward. To be honest, I have no idea why we've been asked to do this. It isn't the purpose of missionaries, but the Elders Quorum and Relief Society, but they want us to do it... Not sure why.
                 We had a District Coucil with the Zone this week in Kalispell. I thought it was awesome, and allowed me to refocus. We discussed how to grow our faith, and have the faith to move the work foreward in our individual areas. It was inspiring and helpful as I have needed direction on where to go in my efforts here. 
                  Not only that, but General Conference was huge in that help as well for me. I particularily liked Elder Holland's, Utchdorf's, Johnson's, Anderson's, and Bednar's talks. They each individually helped me boost my confidence in myself and the Columbia Falls Area. I love General Conference for the opportunity to hear the prophet and the apostles speak to us. They are inspired men and allow us to find something within ourselves to change and build upon. Something that I felt was important that I want to share with you all comes from Elder Anderson's talk. In his talk he was speaking on being positive and how Satan can work at us. In specific something that I learned from his talk was that Satan will use negative thoughts and feelings, towards ourselves and others, to attack and distract us. The scriptures say that "what entices to do good is of God". That being said when we are doing our best to stay positive, Satan's influence on us diminishes, and the spirit of God will more easily and powerfully work within us for our benefit and the benefit of others. 
             Other parts of General Conference were great as well. I'm excited for April already based off what President Nelson said. I know that he is being directed by God to lead the Church. He is our prophet, and when we put whatever amount of faith we have in Christ and his ability to lead his Church, we will know and become willing to follow the prophet's divine direction. 
              Well, I think that just about wraps up my week this time. Zone Conference is this upcoming Friday, so I'm pretty pumped about that. I can't wait for the wonderful oppurtunity to come and continue to lean from God's Servants. I urge all of you to review what you have learned from Conference, and make plans to implement something that the Spirit has instructed you to do. I know that it will be a blessing to you. I hope you all have a nice warmer week and I'll talk to you next time. 

Love, 
Elder Sherwood


Pictures:
Companionship selfie at the Klothes Kloset.
Selfie stick selfie #1.
Selfie Stick selfie #2.
Elder Suckow taking a break.

No comments: