Thursday, November 28, 2019

Transfer 13, Week 4: A Real Chinese Experience

Hey Everyone, 
        How are we all doing today? Is everyone excited for Thanksgiving? Or is Christmas all that's on your mind at this point? Haha I jest. I hope your week flew by as fast as mine.
          This week feels like it only lasted for the space of a day. It simply flew by, and I'm very grateful that it did too. 
          So, to start off the week, we had exchanges with the zone leaders. It was my lot to stay in Columbia Falls this time with Elder Helms. I love this missionary, and it was an absolute joy to sprend the beginning of the week with him. Fun fact, we came out together. The exchange wasn't anything special other than that. It was fun
          Starting on Wednesday night and going through all day Thursday, we had the amazing oppurtunity to  have a zone conference at Helena with about 120 other missionaries. This usually is not the case, but it was not the usual case either.  For this zone conference, we were having what is called a "mission tour". For this mission tour,  We had Elder Wong of the seventy. Not to be confused with Elder Gong of the Quorum of the 12. During this conference we learned a lot about missionary work and working with the members. It was pretty sweet, and I feel like I learned a lot from it too. 
          The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. It went pretty similar of a pattern to the rest of the time. One cool thing we saw was that at church we ran into Jerry again. It was cool to see him at church once more, and we were able to set up for another lesson this coming week, so I'm pretty excited about that too.
           So, This week in the Book of Mormon, I was reading about Alma and Amulek, and all that they went through. The thing that stuck out to me the most honestly was that no matter what they went through, they stayed true to their testimony and their God. Now, none of us will probably have to go through what they went through, but it is still all that important to strengthen and increase our testimonies. Because by doing so, we can build our relationship with God and Christ. In this way we also make it easier for God to help us in any trial we are going through as well. 
          So, overall it has been a good week. I'm pretty excited for what is coming. I hope that you all have a great week as well. Talk to you all next week. 

Love, 
Elder Sherwood

Photos:
Zone Conference in Helena with Elder Wong and 120 missionaries.
To celebrate my 18 month mark, we took one of my pairs of pants that was about to die, and  burnt them. 

No comments: