Monday, February 24, 2020

Transfer 14, Week 5: Winter Has Finally Decided to Stay

Hey Everyone, 
         What's new? This week officially started winter for Columbia Falls I do believe, so that's good. We're about 4 inches deep right now, and it's expected for another 9 until about Thursday I believe. So we'll see how many snow men we can build for people. Haha. 
            This week has flown by. It was such a fast week for me and others as well. I sometimes still have a hard time believing that it's already 2020, and I'm in the last leg. So many members here are starting to give me that "don't get trunky" line. It's super funny. Now let me see if I can give the highlights for this last week. 
            To start, in the beginning of the week we had exchanges with the Whitefish elders. Elder Mashburn came to Columbia Falls with me, and Elder Painter went to Whitefish. We had a good time doing service, and removing a bad smell from the apartment. Oh, update on Elder Painter too. He's not dying as quickly anymore, and seems to be back to normal after his weekend long cold. So that's good, too. 
            That actually helps me jump into a little miracle for the week. Because Elder Painter was sick. We both got really tired of spending any extra time at the apartment than we have to, so it helped us find things to do everyday. You never know how the Lord will bless you and do what is necessary to help you out. 
            For the most part, the beginning of the week was the usual, but the later half was where it got exciting. On Friday, we spent a large portion of our time asking questions about people in the area book, and making plans to try to contact them as well. It was super cool, and it provided for many new experiences this week. 
            Saturday, we had the best lesson ever with Inga. We reviewed the Plan of Salvation with her, and she said that it answered a lot of her questions about the afterlife, and her family. It was super cool. Inga is really progressing well, and rapidly. We are excited to see her progress, and I have a feeling that she will be a new convert in not too long.
            Saturday we also got to drive up to Eureka for a Baptism that the Sisters had. It was super cool to see the sisters get to participate in the ordinance as the witnesses.  
            Sunday was Ward Conference, and we learned a lot from the Stake Presidency about the Come Follow Me for 2020, and the youth program. It's answering a lot of ward questions about how and what to expect. Super cool!
            Overall, this week for me has been absolutely fantastic. I have loved it, and we are excited for this next full week of adventures and possibilities up here in our Winter Wonderland of Montana. I hope that y'all have a great week. And we'll sign off for now. Stay safe out there. 
            

Love, 
Elder Sherwood

Pictures ...
The drive to Eureka.
The snow up by Glacier National Park.  My guess is there is about 1.5 feet of snow in that picture.
I got a new pillow.  Pillow Pets Rock!!
Just me having an (apple) beer.  #21jokes

No comments: