Monday, September 23, 2019

Transfer 11, Week 5: It's Raining, It's Pouring!

Hey Everyone, 
         How's the weather treating everyone?  I'll say the weather this weekend has been quite out of the ordinary for us. It started raining Sunday night, and is still going right now. To make matters even better, the forecast predicts that it won't stop until Wednesday. That's a lot of rain. 
           The week has been decent. It would have been a pretty ordinary week, if it wasn't for Elder Giles companionship hopping all week. It made it interesting trying work out his schedule with ours. Many days we were running 2 areas instead of 1. It was both a blessing and a curse for us. 
             As I look back at the week, there wasn't much that stands out about how the week went except for Elder Giles. It was a standard week. We had a lot of finding time, a small bit of service. There were a few exciting parts about the week though, so I'll explain those.
               We finally were able to meet up swith a couple of our investigators. Becca, and Sugar, and Debbie. We had a lesson with Becca and Sugar and got them. It was great to finally meet them after a month of unsuccessful attempts of contact.  Becca even came to church this week, so that was a mini miracle for us as well. 
                 The other cool thing was that we had a ward BBQ on Wednesday. Not only was it really fun, but there were some nonmembers there as well, and we were able to meet them and start planting those seeds there as well. 
              I know this email is short, so I'll end off with a little thought I guess.  As I was doing my personal study week, I was working in Helaman, around the Story of Samuel the Lamanite, who prophecies of the Savior's birth to the Nephites. I came across something that I really liked a lot. Of the 3 chapters where he is speaking, Samuel only spends a very small amount of time describing unto the Nephites that they need to repent. Instead of focusing on the bad, he spends his time proclaiming the good news that Christ will shortly come. This was cool to me because Our modern day prophet follows a similar pattern. When we focus on the good, and not as much on the bad, our willingness to follow Christ will definetly increase, and our ability to follow him should as well. What a little blessing that is. 
               Well, I think that is it for the week. Stay dry, and happy. See you all Next time. 

Love, 
Elder Sherwood

Pictures:
Selfie with the Tacoma
Some sweet old cars we saw at Becca's place.

No comments: