Monday, September 23, 2019

Transfer 11, Week 4: Babysitting???

Hey Everyone, 
           How are we doing today? Have all the schedules come back to normal yet for the school year? haha My schedule has stayed the same for the last 15 months, and I expect it to not change for a while yet. It was a pretty cool week for us. There were so many spiritual experiences and opportunities. I have loved this week to say the least. 
            So... to start let me see Tuesday we had a Zone Council before Zone Conference on Wednesday. This had many reasons to it. One of which was to make a little film to send to President Larsen. We also needed to discuss a few things that happened at MLC. During this little "meeting", we did the skit for President Larsen. We decided to do something about the lost sheep. While we were videoing it, one of the missionaries totally messed up and landed face first on the concrete. The missionary is ok, but it made the video all the better. It was very funny. 
           Wednesday we had zone Conference in Stevensville Montana which is about 20 minutes south of Missoula. So we got up at 4:30 am to get dressed and hit the road by 5:30. It was a very long drive, but totally worth it to have this meeting. It felt different without President Larsen there, but that's ok. President Snyder did a fantastic job of teaching us. We ended up having dinner with the Thomas Family from Missoula 1st ward. So it was cool to see them again. 
           Friday, Elder Radford went with the Zone leaders to Missoula to drop off Elder Jackson, since his mission is ending. So I stayed with the k3 elders till they got back. We were in a trio for the last 3 days so far. Elder Giles, the lone Zone leader got to spend some time working with us, and I very much enjoyed it. He is a stud, and helped us to stay more busy from it. 
           For example, on Saturday night we decided to do some tracting around 8pm. Pretty normal thing to do for us. As we went down the street, Elder Giles wanted to knock this specific door. A man answered and we had a great little discussion with him on the porch. And he said we could come back. I was so happy that night. 
           Sunday was really different as we went to 3 ward meetings, Kalispell 1st ward, Kalispell 2nd ward, and the Flathead YSA. It was super sweet. But it was also long. We also had a lesson right afterwards at the church, so we didn't leave a church building untill around 4pm. Super fun time. 
           It was nice to be on my toes a lot over the week,  because it seemed like the week always had something new in mind. I loved it. Wish I got more pictures though. Well, I hope you all have a great week, and Enjoy the routine of the Fall. See you Next week.

Love, 
Elder Sherwood


Picture:
While in Missoula, we stopped at a Goodwill and I found this shirt for only $3. Had to take a pic of it with my flag. Go Seattle Seahawks!!
Hey Guys, 
                How's the week been? School gotten hard yet, or is it free going?  And what about the time off of school, are you enjoying your day to relax? Holidays are so much fun, you should be enjoying it as much as possible. But even then, there is still time enough for some
scriptures... 
               Today for example, I got up and waited for my laundy to finish, so while I waited, I read my book of Mormon a little bit. I was reading about Ammon, and his trip to see the Lamanites. Something that stuck out to me as he was working with King Lamoni was that the Lord had promised him, as he was meek and trusted in the Lord, that the Lord would promised that he would be just in his help for Ammon and allow Ammon, as he was diligent in the Faith, to be the instrument that he needs to be. 
             That little scripture story today brought me great courage as I serve as a missionary. And I know there are stories and advice waiting in there for you too. Don't forget to use this awesome tool. 
         I love you Guys, and hope you have a fantastic week. Keep up the good work, and You'll be so much happier in your lives. 

Love you, 
Elder Sherwood

No comments: