Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Transfer 8, Week 4: Exchange, Exchange, Blitz

Hey Everyone, 
          So... How are we all today? Has Spring struck too harshly for anyone? Haha. Spring allergies are always a "joyful" part of the season. This past week has many mixed feelings involved. I'm not sure what to think of it at this point. 
          Like I said though, it was and has been a really fast week for us. We went from one thing to another almost nonstop. It was pretty crazy. And it makes it a little hard to know where to start. 
        Well, I guess I can start at the beginning. As a District, we decided to try to do a Blitz of each area, and help build each other up. So on Monday, we did so after Preparation day. It was decided we would Blitz the Byron/Cowley area this time, and then we'll do the Lovell areas next. So, we drove and took 1 companionship to a small town called Deaver, and the other companionship went to Frannie. While on the Blitz, we were able share the video, and we got a new person out of it, so was I excited about that. 
        Tuesday, we went on exchanges with the Lovell 1,4 elders. It went really well. Elder Bekmezian and I stayed in Byron/Cowley. While Elder Lewis and Hunt went to Lovell. It was a long day of finding and trying to share the video, sadly without much luck. :( But we learned a lot from each other as we worked to have meaningful things planned for the day. It went well, even though it felt like it took forever. I loved this exchange. 
         Cameron, one of the people we are currently teaching has been great. He is so prepared to receive the gospel, and is just soaking up whatever we can teach. It is so awesome. He is golden and wants to be baptized. So we are working with him closely as much as possible to help him find the way to Christ.
          We had a major scare with the Chevrolet Malibu that we have to drive around. During the week, and moving into this next week, we have been experiencing many April showers, with that means muddy roads. After a couple hours of working out on some of the dirt roads that cover the area, we started to hear a screeching sound when we got back to town. We took a look and thought we had broke the car. Ha Ha nope, thankfully. It is just a rock stuck in the rear brakes. We took it in for a free inspection, and that's what they told us, and that it should come out within a week, but until then, the car makes a noise that turns all heads.
           Saturday, we had yet another exchange. This one wasn't as planned actually in advance. We were planning on going on exchanges with the other Lovell elders in a week or so, but they had a change of plans, and this Saturday was the best for them, so we adapted as we could. It was good. I stayed in Lovell with Elder Ames, and Elder Lewis went to Byron/Cowley with Elder Walker. Elder Ames and I had a great time even though it wasn't what I expected. We did a lot of service, like all day long. It was pretty crazy. But we had and found joy in doing so. One thing we saw that was pretty cool was as we cleaned out an old shed for a nonmember, we found a Queen Bee all on her own, and got some pictures. No Bees were hurt or missionaries stung. Yeah!!!!
            But anyway, that exchange went well, but not what I was hoping for or expecting at all. Oh well, I'm sure I can minister to them in different ways. 
             Lastly, on Sunday we were able to meet with one of our investigators that seems to have eluded us all transfer so far, and that was good to finally meet them. I am happy for that as well. As well as, I got an awesome present that I wasn't expecting. In Church on Sunday, I got a text from the current Fairfield Elders who updated on John. For those of you who don't remember, John was my first investigator that I worked with while in Fairfield. Anyway I got this Message and a picture from them of John in baptismal white. Yea!!!!!!!!!! John got Baptized. I am so happy especially to see the fruits of my labors coming forth in this new time. 
          Moving forward, I have renewed determination to be the best I can. There is no greater work than what I am currently engaged in, and I love every moment of the work as I spend each day. I love being out here, and I can't wait for this next week. 

Love,
Elder Sherwood

Pictures: Only 1 ... Sorry!
The Queen Bee

No comments: