Monday, April 8, 2019

Transfer 8, Week 1: Welcome to Wyoming

Hey Everyone, 
      How are we all doing this week? Was Spring Break good for those that had it this past week? And how about General Conference? What a great and busy week we have had!
       So... I guess that you are probably all wondering what the subject is all about. Don't worry, yes I was called to the Montana Billings Mission, but we also cover about the top 3rd of Wyoming, all the way across. Yep, I got transferred again. I didn't think this transfer was coming since Elder Reese is still in training, but I guess change is still good. 
       My new area is in the most northern part of Wyoming we cover. It's also the closest point to Billings, from Wyoming. I cover the Cowley 1, 2, and Byron Wards of Wyoming. It is about 5 minutes north of Lovell Wyoming. Its kind of weird to cover 3 wards, but I think I'll come to like it quickly. One thing I know for sure though, there is a huge concentration of members in these small towns. I would guess that they are 80-90% members of the church, which will make the work different in many ways out here. 
       My Companion's name is Elder Lewis. He is a great missionary that is learning the ropes pretty well. One of the cool parts of this situation is that Elder Lewis was Elder Reese's MTC Companion. Yep, I'm on my 3rd trainee, and I'm not quite at my year mark. It seems like this may be one of the main reasons I am out on a mission, to train other missionaries. A little about Elder Lewis, he is 20 years old. He turned 20 last transfer, he loves sports, and is about 6 ft 3 or 4. He is from Duchesne Utah, and decided to work for a year before coming out. But I'm sure he is as excited as I am to work here in Wyoming. 
      Another fun fact that I didn't think would happen for a long time, and it feels kind of weird to say this, but the district I am now currently serving in is a quite young district. I mean really young. I have been out longer than anyone else in my district. I knew this would happen eventually, but I didnt think it would until about my 18 month mark or so. Haha. I'm excited to serve and train and teach these missionaries, and to be taught by them. 
       So, this week has been pretty good. Thursday, Transfer Day, was really long. It was about an 8 hour drive from Butte, to Helena, to Billings, and then to Lovell. And I'm so glad it's over for now. 
We are currently working with a few people, but we haven't had our appointments yet with them, so I haven't met them. Around Conference though, we spent the majority of our time working on getting to know the members of the ward, because none of us know them too well at all. But I know that as we come to know them, the work will open up. 
      Speaking of Conference though. I thought it was fantastic. Like many of you, I was expecting some major changes, but I appreciate President Nelson's charge to keep Conference sacred. I know that as we do so we will be blessed in more numerous ways than we will expect. 
       Well, I hope you are all loving the new spring feeling and weather. I know I am. I hope you all have a fantastic week, and keep up the great work. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Sherwood

Pictures ... Only 1 sorry
 Day 1, there was a major black plume of smoke coming up out of the corner of the town.

No comments: