Monday, May 13, 2019

Transfer 8, week 5: The Traffic in Billings Reminds Me of Utah

Hey Everyone,
          Is it spring anywhere yet, or just the ends of winter? Because I feel like we should be seeing a lot more flower buds than we are out here in Wyoming. It has been rainy and cold almost non stop this past week. We need the water, but this might be a bit much. Anyway, how are we all doing today? Is it warm anywhere else? haha. This week has had it's ups and downs no doubt, but overall I think it went by pretty flawlessly. So, I'm feeling contrite right now.
         Starting off this big week, your probably all wondering what I was doing in Billings,  We had zone conference in Billings this week. It was really good and I enjoyed it. We're only about an hour and a half from Billings, so we had to leave around 7 am to get there. But it was a great day of learning and instruction fr me. President stressed keeping our mind on our purpose this time.
           We also had interviews with President Larsen Friday afternoon. That is always great. As always, they went a little over, but I love the time I get to spend 1 on 1 with President Larsen. It always makes me feel good inside and motivates me to keep going forward. 
          The rest of the week went pretty much like normal. We had our lessons with our current investigators, and learned a lot from one another. We were able to find a new person this week, which turned out to be a bit of a miracle. We have been trying to contact this man named Derrick for the whole transfer, and we were about to drop him because we couldn't contact him. But we decided to try 1 last time on Saturday. Turns out we found the right time to try. Because we talked with him for a bit, and got to know him, we now have another new person to teach. Yeah!
           There was a Baptism that happened this week in Lovell 3rd ward. It went really well, and I am so excited both for Tyler, and for the energy this may add to the stake regarding Member Missionary work. I'm so grateful to be apart of this work, and all that it entails. 
           I know this week was short, but I think that is pretty much it this time. I am looking forward to this next week and what we can accomplish. I hope you all have a good one.

Love,
Elder Sherwood

no pictures... Sorry

No comments: