Thursday, May 23, 2019

Transfer 9, Week 1: I Have A Spanish Companion

Hey everyone,
       How's it like back home? Is it super warm yet, or are you getting hit with all the rain northern Wyoming is? It has been such a wet week, I'm starting to miss the sun again. Anyway, this week was pretty great to say the least. It has been super crazy, and full of major hiccups. 
       So to start I should probably put a few people at ease. No, I didn't transfer. I'm still serving in Cowly and Byron. I just shipped off my 7th companion to Kalispell. So I am now on number 8 (including the MTC). I've gotten to know a lot of people on the mission, that's for sure. His name is Elder Matthews, he is from West Jordan, Utah. And yes he is a spanish speaking missionary. I can tell this transfer is already going to be a bit different than normal. The other new thing about him, is that he lives a very sad life. Haha not really, he just can't eat good food. Elder Matthews has a gluten allergy, so it's going to make this transfer different, that's for sure. 
       Anyway, the week was kind of broken up in 2 sections. Part 1 was end of last transfer with Elder Lewis. We honestly spent a crap ton of time packing. I never knew someone could take so much time to pack. And to complicate the matter a little bit, our roof was getting reshingled from the hail storm we had last week. Fun times being trapped inside. 
        Wyoming transfers are different. Missionaries leaving the zone head out the night before transfers, because of time schedules for everyone else. So that leaves the other missionaries waiting in trios, or temporary companionships for a whole day instead of a few hours. So Elder Walker and I got to know one another a lot better than we already did, spending a whole day doing service and other fun activities. 
One of those fun activities was a bit of service that I never want to repeat. We were asked to come help clean out a basement, which doesn't sound bad at all, until we got there, and they added that it was infested with mice. Yuck!!! I doubt I've ever been so sick to my stomach in my life. 
       After the new missionaries arrived, we let Elder Matthews unpack, and get ready for the transfer. Immediately after we had to run to a baptismal interview for an investigator of Lovell 1,4, Levi. That was great, and it was so cool to see all the hard work among the district starting to pay off some rich dividends. 
      Other than that, It was a pretty traditional week. A lot of finding, and testing out Elder Mathews's spanish skills. We were able to find a couple of potentials that way which was way cool, and I can't wait to sit there and be completely confused about what my companion is saying while he speaks spanish. Haha. It will definetly be a great transfer. 
       The opportunities are real and will provide for new chances for us to learn and grow. I can't wait to see what we can do as companions here in Wyoming. It will definetly be a blast though. I love you all, and hope you have a great week. 

Love,
Elder Sherwood

Pictures ... only 1
Elder Lewis leaving.

No comments: