Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Transfer 4, Week 6: Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Everyone, 
     How are you all doing? I am doing great. I learned yesterday that after Wednesday this week, I will be the "oldest living" missionary still in the zone. Anyway, I'll come back to that later. 
     This week has been pretty good. We didn't have a whole lot happen, but what did was absolutely fantastic. So, this may be a little shorter than normal, but it will be great. 
     On Tuesday, after our lesson with John, we acquired a cd player from a member, so that John could listen to the Book of Mormon. It was great.
     Wednesday was the last district meeting of the transfer. It went really well, and we really enjoyed it. We had to quickly leave afterwards and head to our haircut appointment. It was great. After dinner that day Br. Phinney played me in Stratego instead of chess. For those of you that don't know, Stratego is like commanding an army. It was also my first time playing, so I lost pretty badly. 
     Thanksgiving was fantastic. We had dinner at the Heagy's and the Garners. We played some football, and had an all around good time. I love Thanksgiving. 
     Friday got interesting, Br. Contway called us around noon and asked for some help moving some stuff from his old house. We went, and moved his stuff and he gave both of us a 20 lb brick of Bronze. (Br. Contway makes bronze sculptures) It was a great gift. He said that Bronze is worth about $3 per pound, basically $60 each. Elder Lunt decided to sell his when we got the chance, But me, being me, decided to make a memento out of it. I've shined it up and engraved stuff into the 20 lb brick. All that I have left is polish the scratch marks out and color the words so they stand out. It looks really cool, and will be a great but heavy way to remember the area if I ever leave. 
     While working on it something crazy happened. Ever heard of Metal poisoning? Well I don't think I have that, so it's ok. Br. Contway didn't think anything would go wrong, so I just wore a face shield, But it seems that a dust mask would have been a good thing to have. I got a bunch of flying metal shavings up my nose, as a result, my nose has been on fire the last few days. Oh Well, Worth it.
     Sunday was good, and pretty normal. We had Church, gave 10 copies of the Book of Mormon to a youth leader to give away as Christmas presents, and tried to talk to some people. We finally got transfer news around 10:50pm.
     So, back to what I said earlier about transfers. Yep, you guessed it, I am staying in Fairfield until at least after the Holidays. After this next transfer, I will be only 6 weeks behind the longest time any missionary has spent in this area. (9 months) But anyway, I am now the missionary currently still in the zone that has been here for the longest amount of time. So, I am the "oldest Living" missionary. Haha! Oh well. I don't know if I'll ever leave. 
     Well, I think that just about wraps us up for the week. I forgot to say this three weeks ago, when the mission office emailed this to us. For the holidays, the mission office requests that ALL post (letters and packages) are sent straight to the apartments. It saves a lot of trouble around this time of year with so many packages coming in, so a reminder my address is:

309 1st Ave North Fairfield, Montana 59436

Just send everything straight here. Thanks, and I'll talk to you all later.

Happy Holidays,
Elder Sherwood


Pictures:
Elder Sherwood, Elder Lunt and Brother and Sister Contway.
District photo

No comments: