Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Transfer 4, Week 5: Another General Authority

Hey Everyone,
       How is it going for all of you? Is it getting any colder down there. It certainly has here. We've seen our first sub zero temperatures. I guess that means winter is coming early. Brr. It was really bitter old. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive. Haha. Well, let's get rolling.
        This week has been full of us planning and preparing for yesterday. As you who have gotten my last email, we were helping to plan Jaden's Baptism for the 18th. I'll come back to that subject.
         I think I would have to say that this past Monday was the most wasted Preparation Day of my mission so far. We had a hard time getting things going, so we didn't get to having our preparation day fun until around 4 pm. Part of that included trying to locate the River's Edge sisters, because they left their phone at Sam's Club. We spent the greater part of the afternoon searching for them.
        Inspections were this week as well. We passed, of course. Nothing new there, but I guess it is always nice to have the Blossoms come over and talk to them.
        On Wednesday, we didn't have District Council because of zone conference the following day. But we did get to have 1 final lesson with Jerry before he leaves for the holidays. Then we were invited by Br. Phinney to help teach the Sunriver Youth Chess. That was a lot of fun. I love chess, and I even learned a lot about how to plan out a good game while I was there, so that was great. Afterwards we ran back up to Fairfield for Jaden's Baptismal interview and then spent the night at Two Rivers in preparation for the zone conference the next day.
      Thursday was pretty great. We got to go to Helena all day long. (9 am to 4 pm). For those of you who don't know. That's a 1.5 hour drive from Great Falls (2 hours from Fairfield), so we got back pretty late. We had the privilege of meeting with Elder Nielson of the Seventy. He was on a mission tour, so we got to hear from him. It was a great meeting, full of new experiences and amazing instruction given. There were also many tears shed because this was the last time many of the people in the zone would see their first zone leader. Elder Ritchie had left to Wyoming last transfer, and now Elder Wheeler was leaving the following day to go home. We will miss him. And I hope that all will be well for him. 
      Now back to Jaden. Jaden was Baptised and Confirmed yesterday. It was a really great service, and I am so happy to see this happen for him. It was great to be a part of this six year wait for him. I'm sure he also is very happy. 
We, Elder Lunt and I, also had the chance to give our first talks on the mission. They weren't hard. the topic was preparing for a mission since it was Sam Rammel's last week before he enter's the MTC. (We don't call them Farewells anymore.) I am so grateful that I have Elder Lunt with me, because I was reaffirmed today that I am not an orator.  But he is. So it helps that we are together, since he isn't really good with technology, and I am probably way too big of a techie. Naw, there is no such thing.
      This week has been rather busy and full, which is probably why it went by so quickly. It was awesome, and I can't wait till this next one. I hope all is well back home, keep it up and don't get discouraged. And I hope you all have a Great Thanksgiving.
Till Next Week,

Love,
Elder Sherwood


Pictures:
Jaden's Baptism
I forgot to send this last week. Elder Wheeler burned some outdated pass along cards.
I think the house is getting frostbite.
Cool snow drifts blowing on the road.
A great meme I was sent.

No comments: