Monday, November 5, 2018

Transfer 4, Week 3: When You're Down, The Only Way To Go Is Up

Hey Everyone,
        This week was in no way like last week. Not much happened there, but this week, we seemed to be going everywhere all at once. Was your week like this as well?
         Well, let me jump into the meat of it all today. So, our original plan for preparation day was to stay in Fairfield to save on miles, but that was interrupted  by an appointment to get the brakes checked on our car. So we had to go down to Great Falls, to see if the car needs new roaders, since our front ones were very groved. But it ended up being a dud, as we were told by the mechanics that the grooves we had were reqular from driving on dirt roads so much, and that if we replaced the roaders, the grooves would be back in a month, so there were no worries. 
        Tuesday seemed to go on for a very long time. I don't think I will ever say that tracting doesn't work, but it can be painfully less effective. We didn't have anything scheduled, so we tried to go visit a few people, but got shut down pretty quickly. All of a sudden, we have no plans, and several hours to use. So, yep you guessed it, we tracted for many of them before emailing a few missionaries from this ward for referrals.
        Wednesday ended up being fun, but I am sad I have to miss two Halloweens. For those of you who don't know, Halloween is easily my favorite holiday. I love dressing up and having fun with decorating, scary pranks, movies, etc. I love Halloween, and am always excited for it to come around. But, as a missionary, we can't do all of that. For example, we are not allowed to dress up (go figure), we don't really have any decorations, we didn't have any candy to hand out, we don't have any Halloween music, and to top it all off, we aren't allowed to proselyte past 6 pm, because they don't want people to confuse us with the Trick or Treaters. AUUGH!! It really makes Halloween not as much fun, But it's ok, Only 1 left. There was nice bit of excitement when we got an email from the assistants, telling us that we are approved to watch the Disney movie "Coco" for a week. Yeah, I had never seen it before, and I have to say that it was pretty good. 
         Thursday was very instructive. I learned a lot about how to properly fill out a baptismal form, since we had to help the zone leaders fix a couple errors in Jerry's. It was pretty good, and I learned a lot. We also got invited to Dinner in Great Falls at the Mackenzie River Pizza Co. It was really good.
       Saturday was one service project after another. We helped Br. Contway buck some hay, and move it into his storage areas. They were a lot heavier than the last time we helped. It was pretty great. Afterwards, we went and helped Br. Schenk with the Christensen's yard. I drove the riding lawn mower, and ate up many patches of leaves, moving them away from the house. It was a lot of fun. 
        To end the week, Sunday was pretty exciting. Church this week was a regional broadcast for the North America Central Area, It covers a fair bit of Canada, and most of the Northern states, from Wisconsin to the Idaho Pan handle. Anyway this conference was talking a lot about the area's plan for 2019, which includes putting an emphasis on the Sabbath, Ministering, Temple work, and Missionary work. The General Authority over the proceedings was Elder Holland. Yes!! I know we're not neccessarily supposed to pick favorites, I guess I need to repent in this aspect, because Elder Holland is my number 1 apostle. Anyway, He talked about the gathering of Israel, and the importance of missionary work. I'm excited to see if it brightens the fire in the members here. After the meeting, we got a pleasant surprise from Sister Krogue. So quick back story: There is a teenage boy who isn't a member who lives with his Mom and stepfather. He wants to join the church, but his dad has said no for a long time. Well, Sister Krogue came up to us and told us that she is planning on asking for permission from her ex husband again for their son to be baptised, and hopefully the answer will be a yes. I am so excited for him, so Yeah!!!! After Dinner, Bishop gave us a bunch of referals, so hopefully we will start to get somewhere.
        Over all this week has been pretty good. I have learned a lot, and Elder Holland always brightens my life. My spiritual thought kind of goes off of what Elder Holland said. He talked about the importance of the gathering of Israel, and with that, according to President Swensen, the stake president here. These 4 topics that I mentioned earlier are of the most importance to the general authorities right now. With Missionary work always on the mind of our church leaders, shouldn't it also always be on our minds as well? We should all be out there constantly looking to assist in bringing someone closer to Christ, whether that is a friend, neighbor, or whoever. This work is important, and we need to stay focused on the task at hand, and not be distracted with the things of this world.
         Well, I love you guys, and I hope your Halloween was pretty great. Mine was alright. I hope to hear from you soon. Keep the fire alive.

Love,
Elder Sherwood


Pictures:
Yay! I have 1 picture!
You can't really see it, but I am standing on the back of Br. Contway's trailer as he is driving around.

No comments: