Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Transfer 4, Week 4

Hey Everyone,
        How are you all this week? Was the week fun? Are you all excited for Thanksgiving? I know I am.This week has been really cold, but also pretty exciting. 
         So, to start it all off, on Monday we had interviews with President Larsen. They went well, although I have a really strong notion that I am leaving after this transfer :(. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, interviews ended up taking literally all day long, so while we were waiting, we played card games and watched "Coco". It was pretty good. 
         Then we had the transfer dinner that night. This was fun! President Larsen joined us for the the evening, and it turned out to be a pretty cool night. After a night of spiritual highness and instruction President Swensen wanted to show President Larsen something cool, so naturally every missionary followed. We went out to a shed, and President Swensen showed us a cannon he was making. So cool. Then we all, President Larsen included, coerced him into firing it off. It was a Blast! Literally! I'll try to send the video. 
         We went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week, from Monday to Wednesday. Elder Wheeler came to Fairfield with me, and Elder Lunt traveled to Great Falls. It was a awesome. Elder Wheeler forgot his tiwi card, so we not to drive around as much as possible. We stayed in town on Tuesday and worked while Elder Wheeler did a little reminising to me. 
        District Council went well again. I did my first vehicle inspection, we are supposed to do them at each district council. OOPS. It was good. I'm still learning. Afterwards, we had a pretty good lesson with Jerry, and then I beat Br. Phinney for the second time in a row at chess, while we discussed the ward. This time playing Lord of the Rings Chess. I won't let him tear this streak down.
        Jerry is still a nice strong new member. He is progressing, and is happy that he is now a member. We've been starting the review process, and hopefully we can get another review lesson in there before he leaves for 2 weeks to North Dakota for Thanksgiving. 
        It's been snowing constantly since Wednesday. We got a bit of snow after we shot off the cannon, which turned into a temporary good laugh about it being ash, but it was too white for that. The snow has been on and off, But I would guess that we have at least a couple inches right now. It has been cold, but it's supposed to get warmer this week, but I don't think the snow will leave before we are given more. 
         John, our other investigator we have had for a while took a very big step this week. One of the bills in Montana was I-185, which would raise the cost of Tabacco by $3, making a pack of cigarettes $10. It would also raise taxes in other areas to compensate etc... Anyway, John had made a goal to stop smoking completely by Nov 6th, Election day in case the Bill passes. It didn't. But John still kept to his goal anyway. He is smoke free once again. Hopefully this time for good. I have faith that he will keep up the good work. He is also reading on his own. We had a lesson with him on Saturday in which we reviewed a few principles, and he asked several great questions, resulting in John being on Date to be baptized on December 15th. What a great birthday present that will be, since my birthday is the 14th. I am super excited for him, and I know that he can do it.
          Sunday seemed to last forever, yet go by very quickly at the same time. We were planning on spending church in Sunriver, but the church building had their sewage line freeze, and the sepitc tanks won't be able to reset till Tuesday. So as to avoid any issues with the bathrooms not working, church down there was canceled. We went to Fairfield ward conference instead. We totally forgot this was ward conference weekend. Elder Lunt and I walked into the building, heading for ward council, when the whole ward leadership was in the chapel, so we sat down for the early meeting, and got to have an extra hour of church. We did some service setting up for the thanksgiving festival on Tuesday, and then headed to Sunriver for Lunch at the Rushton's place. We Read the Book of Mormon with Jerry, and learned several good teaching demonstrations/ideas from the Croxfords. It was super busy.
          The other good news is that the youth investigator, Jaden, I'm pretty sure I mentioned him last week, has gotten permission from his dad to be baptized. So we will be having another Baptism on the 18th of November (this coming Sunday). I'm so excited for that one. 
           Well, I think that just about wraps up my week. I hope yours was good as well. I am super excited for zone conference this week in Helena. I hope to hear from you. 

All My Love,
Elder Sherwood

Pictures:
Cool ice pattern on the car.
The zone with President Larson with the cannon.
The cannon
Firing the cannon.

No comments: