Tuesday, August 19, 2014

This week was amazing!

Hello Everyone.

This week was soooo good. It started out like a normal week, but turned out to be amazing.

On Wednesday we had a split with two sisters in Heidelberg (hi-del-berg) and was really fun. I made it around Mannheim without getting lost or being late. It was really fun.

Thursday we went to meet with Tracy, a less active member, and her daughter G. Tracy ended up not being at home, but we taught G about the Plan of Salvation. We also Invited her to be baptized. She said yes! We Need to talk to her mom about a date, but It was so exciting to have someone ready to be baptized. :)

Friday was pretty good too. we taught really good lessons and were able to help People.

Saturday we went to Frankfurt to go to the temple with 2 newly reactivated members, and a newly baptized member to go do baptizims for the dead. It was the neatest expirience to watch them be able to do that for the first time. We even got to help with confermations after everyone else did baptisms. It was a really good day.

On Sunday church was simply amazing. The stake president came and talked, and what he said was what I needed. We were able to get in touch with a less active sister and that was sooo cool. She was hesitant at first, but she opened up and we were able to help her. we even got an appointment to come back next sunday. We also were able to Find a less active Sister and her Non-Member Husband. They were really open to Hearing and told us to visit any time. Her Husband was really open to reading the book of mormon. He said, "If it will help my Family and me, then why not?". Talk about being prepared! We are planning on teaching the Family after she gets back from Scotland.

Then just today, we taught Kerstin, a newly baptized sister, and she was talking about how her Husband felt like he was failing at life and that he was a horrible Person. We asked her if she thought he'd be open to Hearing about the Gospel. She said that she'd pray about it and ask him. So We might have another Investigator soon. I'm so excited!

I've been so blessed this past week. Not only with our finds, but personally. I've always heard that those you leave will be blessed because you are on a Mission. I trusted that that would be true, but didn't know. I've seen so many Blessings being given to my Family and friends from being out here. I thank the Lord for that and the strength he gives me to do all he Needs me to do.

Zweifelt nicht, fürchtet nicht,
--Sister Lahra Sherwood



No comments: