Monday, August 4, 2014

First Week in Germany

Hey everyone!
Germany is a beautiful place. I don*t have very many pictures yet, but I can send what I have. It'll probably be nect week though becasue i forgot my cord this week.

My first area is a city called Mannheim (man-hi-m :P). It is beautiful. I love the architecture and the people. My Companion is Sister Layman from Rexburgh Idaho. She is super funny and sweet.  She is trying not only to convert the German Population to the gosple, but she#s trying to convert the Missionary Population in Germany, at least those she knows/meets, to go to Utah State and be Aggies. :P I am her last transfer. She is my "mom". I met my "grandma " at the Train station. She went home when I got here (which I guess is called dying.) WHen you get here your a Golden. You are as old as how many months you've been out (so I'm 2 almost 3) and if your companion goes home then you are killing her. Kinda weird. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Life has been pretty good in Germany. Last weeek we did a lot of servce projects, and talked to some people. One of our appointments fell through, but we may have found a less active member/new investigator (husband and wife) in result of that.

One of our Investigators has been really sad recently. I have prayed for her alot. We went and saw her yesterday. She was really depressed, but I think we helped her a little bit at least. Not as much as we would've liked, but the spirit was there and I truley hope that she reconized that it was there, and that she felt it.

I met alot of the ward yesterday at church. they are really nice, most of them. The old bishop likes to tease me because I'm new, but I've gotten used to it. Everyone just speaks super fast and I have troubles hearing what they said. That and alot of people hear have a weird accent that I'm not used to.

One thing I am really not liking about Germany is that they don't have air-conditioning. I mean yes that saves on electricity, but It's so hot! It's hard to stay awake. :P I'm doing pretty well though.

It's so weird having so much time to email. :P I'm used to 1 hour at the MTC, and here we have 2. I like it. I actually have time to answer everyone and read everything. I'm just trying to figure out what else to say....

The plane ride to Frankfurt went well. The Airplane from dallas to frankfurt was huge!!! It had 9 seats accross, and like 45 rows! so it looked sorta like this...

Pilot

Bathrooms

ss a sssss a ss
ss a sssss a ss
ss a sssss a ss
ss a sssss a ss

Bathrooms

ss a sssss a ss
ss a sssss a ss......... Etc. :P
It also was mostly empty in the back so we could sit anywhere to either talk to people or to sit with the other missionaries. Each seat had its own little TV, and you could watch movies, TV shows, play games, listen to music, or watch the flight path. It was cool. It was also fun to watch the ground. over the US it looked like a patch-work quilt, over England and Ireland it looke like a patch-work quilt and over germany it looked like a...... You guessed it, Patch-work quilt. I felt sorta like we were flying in circles. :P It was cool flying at night. It'd be pitch black except where there were citties. It was like fireworkes on the ground. :P

Well I better go. I love ya all lots and Hope that you are all well.

Alle Meine Liebe,
Sister Lahra Sherwood

No comments: