Friday, July 11, 2014

News from Sister Sherwood


6 July 2014

Dear Family,
I just had a really good evening.  For the Sunday Devotional you'll never guess who spoke ... Josh Wright! (If you don't remember, he's a super good pianist that played with the orchestra dad is in. :D) It was so cool.  His talk was a mixture of him speaking and playing the piano. He played 4 songs.  I don't remember what the first one was, but the last 3 were as follows:
1. Make the notes sing. (It wa one of his encore songs at the TSO concert.)
2. Clare de Lune/How Great Thou Art. (The one we heard at Grandma's house.)
3. All Creatures of our God and King.
Something he said that really stuck out was that we can have access to miracles every day if we ask The Lord.  He also reminded us that we must let God determine our self worth.  I love you guys lots.  Hope you're all doing well.  I hope that you all write me often.  It can be like missionary pen pals. :)

Alles meine liebe,
Sister Lahra Sherwood

P.S. We also watched "Legacy" in German.  So cool seeing how much I knew.
P.P.S. Please send me Ritz crackers and Nutella ... or at least just the Nutella! Love you all!


9 July 2014

You guys are amazing. :) I love you all. Thank you so much for that. It's good to know that you are all well. I would send you a cute little rhyme about what I've been doing, but I've only got an hour on the computer, so I'll send you a written letter doing that. It's been a pretty good week. I had some really low points, but I'm deciding to make everyday a good day no matter what happens. So....... guess what?! Yesterday Germany beat Brazil in soccer. :P It was like 9-1. I wonder how Dad thinks of that. :P (just kidding by the way.)

I got to hear from Elder Neil L Anderson at the devotional yesterday. It was so good. One of my favorite quotes were "You have all the gifts sufficient for you." You aren't supposed to be like everyone else. God gave you all you need to succeed in life. I'll say more in my paper letter.

I love you all and miss you. Hope all is going well. Give my love to everyone. :D

Alle Meine Liebe, 
Sister Lahra Sherwood


No comments: