Thursday, July 3, 2014

Letters from Sister Lahra Sherwood

I thought the easiest way to share Lahra's letters with everyone would be to post them here on our family blog.  We've received 2 letters and several emails from her since she entered the MTC in Provo on June 18.  I'll try to post her letters as we receive them.

June 18, 2014
This has been a really hectic day.  It has also been really good.  My companion is Sister H. She is so much like me. She is super shy and plays a string instrument.  We don't say much, but I love her and hope that we will be more comfortable and talk more as we go along.

So it turns out that I'll be here for 6 weeks, which is fine by me. :p Getting here I've realized that I don't know much at all.  I'm kinda worried that I won't learn enough before I head out to Germany.  I trust that The Lord will help me.

The spirit is so strong here.  I feel just totally at peace.  I thought that I'd be missing you terribly and cry a lot, but I feel fine.  I know that The Lord is watching over you guys.  Don't take it the wrong way though. :p I do miss you.

I want to bear you my testimony that I know this church is true.  I know that God lives and answers our prayers. I've prayed to know that what I'm doing is the right and I know that it's where I need to be.  I hope that all of you get to serve a mission.  It is the best blessing you could have.

I love you guys so much.  Take care of each other and always remember to pray.

All my love,
Sister Lahra Sherwood

June 25, 2014
HI everyone. So my first week has been good so far. I'm learning how to say gospel related German words which is good. I find myself writing in german when I'm not realizing it which Is funny but you may have to google translate stuff if I do that in my emails. (sorry :P)  I love the spirit that is here. My companion is Sister H and she is super sweet. She is shy like me so I feel like God really knows me. I love her to death.
We start TRC this week. I'm so excited because for German speakers we get to skype people in germany for TRC. :D My only worry Is them talking to fast.
I hope everyone is dong well. I love you all and pray for you often.
Love,
Sister Sherwood

July 2, 2014
This week has been a blast. Me and Sister H started practicing teaching "investigators". We are teaching D and A. (first Initials.) I feel like both have been prepared to be taught the gospel and that If they were real Investigators that they would get baptized.

I feel really sad for D. He comes from Gana and  has lived in germany for 2 years. He hasn't found a job yet. I pray for him. He comes from a really big family. He is just so humble and has the biggest testimony in our savior. I can't wait to teach him again.


A is a Catholic. His father is a member which gives us an in. I'm so excited for him because He said that when he feels the church is true, that he'd be willing to be baptized. I hope that he prayed about the book of mormon and read it.

We got to hear from a Brother Snow. He used to be in the Quorum of the 70's. He went to the Germany West Mission. I am so glad that there's the MTC now. I don't know If I'd be willing to go if I couldn't have some language learning. :P

Well, I love you all. I don't know how to get my pictures off my camera on these computers, so I'll send the SD card and she can share them. It's time for me to go.

Ich weiss dass Das Buch Mormon wahr ist. Ich weiss dass dieses Kirche ist Die Kirche Jesu Christi. Ich weiss dass Joseph Smith ein prophet Gottes ist. In Namen Jesu Christi, Amen.

Alle Meine Liebe, 
Sister Lahra Sherwood

No comments: