Thursday, July 24, 2014

Last Letter from the MTC

Its so crazy that I only have like 5 days left in the USA. I swear that I just got here. :P

So last night was a really powerful Devotional. Elder Stanley G Ellis was the speaker. He had all his children give their testimonies and then he gave his. It was such an awesome spirit there. His wife said something that is really stuck in my brain. She said.

Remember:
1. Faith is Power
2. Obedience is the Price
3. Love is the Motive
4. The Spirit is the Key
5. Christ is the Reason
6. Joy is the Reward

She was saying that for missionary work, but I feel that this applies to anything we do in the church. I Invite everyone to write these down and put it somewhere where you'll see it always. It has everything to make life worth it. :)

For a lesson Sister Hall and Me taught for our district we watched a Mormon Message called The Power of hope. You, if possible should watch it. It's really a powerful video. Recently I've been studying hope in my Personal Study. It is one of the Christlike Attributes. I read the talk "Hope, An Anchor of the Soul" by James E. Faust. Something that I really liked was that he said "The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of Faith and Hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through Hope. A Sister Joyce Audrey Evans said that, "You either ive in hope or in despair. Without hope you cannot Endure to the end.". And Samuel Smiles commented, "Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey towards it, it casts the shadow of our burden behind us.". Always remember that God and Jesus loves you very much. I love you all and miss you. I pray for you often.

Alle Meine Liebe,
Sister Lahra Sherwood



No comments: