Monday, January 28, 2019

Transfer 6, Week 3: Only in Montana

Hey everyone,
     How are we all doing this week? It has been a pretty crazy week for me, but who wants to hold off for long, let's jump right in...
     So, because interviews were on Monday last week, this week was a day shorter. For preparation day, we took a tour of the area. We first went down to Virginia City. A small Gold Mining western town that is now a tourist trap. Except, everything is closed down for the winter.😢. Sad day. Afterwards we went up to Ruby dam, and had a fun, cold time throwing rocks, and walking on the frozen lake. 
     Our proselitying efforts were really hurting this week. We didn't really see anything come from all that we did, which is a little upsetting, but sometimes that's all we can do. 
     Kris is still doing pretty good. We were only able to have 1 lesson this week, because he wasn't feeling well. That lesson was a dinner lesson, which was pretty sweet. 
     We found a lost tablet this week, and also found it's owner. Elder Evelety left his nice blue tablet behind on the day of interviews. So, we're going to return it to him today. 
     On Saturday, I ended up putting myself through a lot of pain. Elder Barlow wanted to go bike riding, so we spent a little time making sure they are in tip top shape, then went out. We didn't really have a well planned route, so it felt like we were riding around for no reason other than exercise. I am still sore from it. I haven't done that since that one bike ride with Elder Ritchie. 
     Afterwards, Elder Barlow wanted to go look at knives right after we got gas for the truck. I said ok, and ended up coming out of the store with a small souvenir. Only in Montana would you find a machine gun keychain. Haha. I guess now I can make a joke to other missionaries about carrying a gun on the mission.
     On Sunday, we had to give talks in Church again. I was so scared. But luckily Elder Barlow took a lot of time, so I was just the time filler. Haha. 
     Overall, this week had many ups and downs. It was good, but I really hope that next week is better. 
     I love you all, and hope that all goes well next week for you all too.

Love,
Elder Sherwood


Pictures:
My new angel statue
My new gun key chain
Ruby Lake
Ruby Lake Dam
Ruby Lake Dam
Fun on the frozen lake
More fun on the frozen lake.
Sunset
Elder Barlow selfie
Rubix cubes are so much fun to play with after 9 pm.
The lost tablet

No comments: