Monday, January 7, 2019

Transfer 5, Week 6: A New Year, A New Start

Hey Everyone,
      Are we all glad to go back to work? Wahoo! Guess what? The work doesn't stop for the holidays here. That's true in multiple ways. 1. It's a Farming Community and 2. It's Missionary work. Haha!  Anyway, it was pretty good week, so...
        New Year's was a Blast. Like Haloween, we weren't allowed to go to any parties. We had to be back home or in a member's home by 6 pm. So that kind of deflated New Year's, We had Fun anyway.
        After New Year's, we were finishing off the sparkling cider and Elder Lunt, who seems to be full of magic tricks, showed me how to cleanly break the bottom off a glass bottle with only his hands. It was way cool. I hope the slow motion video is able to send. 
       I forgot to mention this last week. A few days after Christmas, we were invited(Challenged) to an FHE nerf gun battle this next week, hopefully before transfers. Yes, we are allowed to have nerf guns again. I am excited. The family I think will be equiping us with weapons, but I don't know yet whether or not we'll use their's or get our own weapons.
       The rest of the week was kind of blurred. Mostly because I have had a severe headache and dizzy symptoms. I doubt I'm sick, but it sucked none the less, because of how hard it could be to stand up without feeling like I'm on boat. 
        Update, We got our own guns. I remember seeing the ones we would have borrowed, and we decided if we had our own, that it would be more fun. More people. Elder Lunt has a pump action rifle, and I have a self loading, battery rapid fire gun. Elder Lunt wanted to pull his gun apart after 9pm every night and work on making it a lot stronger. He is quite the engineer. But, we needed a small screwdriver, I mean tiny. So we searched the Fairfield Ward building for one, finding none, but found a key that gave us access to every room and cabinet in the building. Still no screwdriver.
     How did everyone like the new two hour church block? I thought it is pretty cool. There was a lot of confusion on how it is supposed to run, but it went Ok. We went to a Baptism afterwards for an 8 year old in the ward, so for this week at least, Church was still 3 hours long. Haha. John didn't come, but we found out that a part member family we used to go teach has been coming to church again. That is good news. We'll have to see if they want us over to have the disscussions again. So excited!!!
       We got a new development with John this week. Bishop Giles has been doing a great job leading the fellowshipping for John. We had decided to get an update from him regularly, and see how John is doing. Well, John was riding with another member one day, and made a comment about missing US. So I guess that is our answer on visiting John. It will be good to be back to normal with him. Hopefully we hear news from president soon about the Baptism.
      Lastly, The news I'm sure many are anxious to hear. Transfers. What is the news there? Well, Drum roll please ..............................................................................................................  ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Elder Lunt is Staying, and I am headed to the Butte zone. I will be serving in Sheridan and Whitehall. Only 7 hours from home, instead of my current 10. JK. My Companion's name is Elder Barlow, and Elder Sorensen is replacing me. So, super excited there. 

My addresses are:
mailing: PO Box 866 WhiteHall MT, 59759
physical: 108 N Main St #2 Twin Bridges MT, 59749

So please send any post that won't arrive by tomorrow that way. Thanks. It feels so weird to be writing this. I didn't think I would ever leave.
        Well, I think that's all for today folks. I hope life back home is all well, and that you stay happy. Keep it up.

Love,
Elder Sherwood

Photo from Sister Rushton - last dinner appointment with Elder Lunt.

No comments: