Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Transfer 6, Week 1: Welcome to Whitehall

Hey Everyone,
     This week has been quite fast paced. It really seems to be in kind of a blurry, so I'll just jump right in. 
     With Transfers this week, and the need to pack, we said goodbye to a lot of people in the Fairfield area. In between everything, we got to see John again. He is pretty good. Happy to see us again, and I hope all is well there. 
     Transfers got delayed a day. (Executive decision by President Larsen), so we didn't head out until Thursday. One cool thing that happened was that the Fairfield building switched up their keys, so I was allowed to keep our old key to the building as a souvenir. It was pretty sweet. 
     Thursday morning, we packed everything up and headed out toward Great Falls to start the journey. We got lost along the way, and took quite the detour in Helena. But we got there ok. We met up with Elder Barlow, and the Butte Zone leaders. After heading back towards Butte, we stayed in town for the transfer Dinner and our truck to be done at the repair shop. It was a pretty good day. 
     WhiteHall is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. We cover about 2-3 times the land, and about 2/3 the people compared to Fairfield. I guess I need to spend time in small towns. 
We spent a lot of time getting to know the area of Whitehall on Friday and Saturday before packing up and heading to our other apartment in Twin Bridges. 
     Sunday we spent the day in Sheridan and went to a ward FHE night. It has been a blurr of a week. I feel like I am brand new to everything again, because I don't know what there is to do yet out here. 
     We are currently working with 1 person. His name is Kris. It has been fun getting to know him and his background. And I think we have another new investigator lesson on Tuesday. Way fun.
     To answer any questions you may have about the 2 addresses. Yes, we have 2 apartments. I've never lived either over a cafe, or in a pink house before. So we have 2 addresses. We spend Monday-Wednesday at Twin Bridges and Thursday-Saturday in Whitehall. Sunday's flip back and forth. As far as any mail goes, send everything to the Whitehall address, and we'll pick it up from there. 
     Well, I think that just about wraps things up for the week. I love it out here, and I hope things continue to move smoothly along.

Love,
Elder Sherwood 


Picture:

Leaving Fairfield

No comments: