Monday, February 23, 2015

Transfer 5 Week 6

Hey everyone so sorry about not emailing for so long. It has been a really hectic few weeks. I have found out that my mission is Ending a little sooner then I planned. I am really sad, but I know that it is the best.

My mission hasn't been anything I expected. It has had many ups and downs. I can still remember Gillian's baptism. She was so ready, and I was happy to see her mom start coming back to church because of it. I loved working with the members and gaining so many friends.

I have always wondered why I have had so many comps and areas since being here. I sortof know why now. I think that God knew that I would need to come home, so I needed to learn what others learn in 18 months to 2 years in 8 months. :P I will be forever greatfull for this opertunity and all that I have expirienced.

As the scriptures say "God's ways are not our ways". We don't always understand why things happen. I do know though that he knows what is best for us. He knows how to help us, and if we follow him, we will be happy and recieve blessings. I wish with all my heart that I could stay till december, but god needs me home for a reason not yet known. I know that jesus is our savior. I know that he suffered so much so that we could be made perfect through him. I know that he is always there, reaching out for us, waiting for us to recieve him. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet just as Thomas S. Monson is one today. I know the book of mormon is true. I know that the gospel is here to make man happy, not to restrict them. May God bless you all and your families.

-Sister Lahra Sherwood

P.S. If you would like to stay in contact my info is:

Lahra Sherwood
8118Simpson Springs Rd.
Eagle Mountain Utah 84005
USA

lahrasherwood@gmail.com

Facebook: Lahra Sherwood

No comments: