Monday, February 18, 2019

Transfer 6, Week 6: A Week To Remember

Hey Everyone,
      How are we all this fine lovely Monday morning? I hope all is well. This week has been full and very busy, so let's not waste any time reading this email. 
      First of all, even with the change in how missionaries can now communicate with home, (you can refer to lds.org to read about this change if you haven't yet), I will still be doing my best to get a weekly email in every week. This will be for all those that I can't call or text each Monday. You all are very dear to my heart, and deserve to hear from me almost as much as my parents do, so I will be making this effort every week.
      This week has been pretty crazy for us. Between all the normal activities, of missionary work, and transfers, and our investigator, it has been quite the handful to sort out. 
      To start off, Tuesday we had the opportunity to volunteer at the Sheridan Public Library. It turned out to be a great experience. We got to know the librarian pretty well, and helped prolong the lifespan of the books. We also found a less active that we had been asked to try to locate while we were at the library. 
     It being the last District Council of the Transfer, we had our Meeting and Lunch here in Sheridan, then went to an amazing local restaurant called the Wagon Wheel for lunch. It was really good. They sell these burgers called "Gutbusters", a 1lb burger with double the toppings and fries for about $13. The burger is about 8.5 inches tall. It was really good. 
     So, Elder Barlow really likes knives, and we are allowed to have pocket knives, and there is a gift ship right by the Wagon Wheel called the "Red Shed" that Elder Barlow has never been in because it has really weird hours. But for some reason, they were open this week. So we went and took a look. They have a whole lot of knives. I mean there were more knives than anything else. So we both bought 2. I wasn't planning on it, at first, but Elder Barlow has taught me a lot about knives over the last week, there were 2 that just caught my eye, and so I bought them. They look really sweet.
      Thursday was Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day, by the way. It was a pretty normal day. We had our lesson with Kris around 7:30 PM because of certain circumstances, and for a Valentine's gift, we were given a 2lb block of cheese. Yay!
       Speaking of Kris, we set him on Date for the 6th of April. We are so happy for him and this decision he has made. Because of his situation, we have been working a lot this weekend on figuring out all of the loopholes that we would need to go through. It has been a pretty wild goose chase, one that keeps getting more complicated as time goes on. We'll figure it all out. I know we can when we rely on God. (Kris may be a member already, but his records may have been removed, not sure yet, though.)
       These last few days, have been a little struggle as I have had a really bad cough, but I'm doing well. We are pushing through and will hopefully be in tiptop shape.
       And Last but not least, we have not received any transfer news as of yet, so I have no idea if or where I will be transfered. We are hoping to hear news soon. 
        Well, I think that about wraps it all up. I hope all is well, and that all the upcoming adventures faire you all well. 

Love,
Elder Sherwood

Pictures:
A picture of a beautiful painting we were shown.
Working at the library
An amazing view of the mountains
Selfie
My newly acquired knives
My gnome (thanks Andrew) and my plushy (thanks Lahra and Sawyer)
Another selfie
A cool snow drift

No comments: