Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Transfer 4, Week 1: The News You've All Been Waiting For

Hey Everyone, 
       How are things right now back home? Are you all still groovy and having fun with life? I hope so, this week has had a couple new adventures that were long awaited for, so not to hold the suspense any longer, I'll explain what's happening.
       First off, Transfer News. Yes, I'm pretty sure everyone was anxious to hear if I would be in a new area or not. Well, The Answer is................ So, quick story, there is an Elder by the name of Elder Leach. He was in Fairfield for 9 months, or 6 transfers. It looks like at this point I may become the new Elder Leach. Yep. Back to Fairfield for another 6 weeks. But good news though, I have been given a new responsibility. On top of being a trainer, I am now also the District Leader. Crazy, huh?! Currently, I am tied with the other District Leader, Elder Wilcox, for how long we have stayed in this zone, 4 transfers. So who knows what will happen after Thanksgiving. One thing that will be little different, is that up untill this point, we had no sisters in the zone, as long as I've been here. But now we have 4. A companionship in each district. This will be a new adventure.
       Then the other exciting news. Yes, Jerry was baptized this past Tuesday. It was a very exciting day for many many people. We had a nice service, and then I got to perform the baptism. It was such a great honor and experience. Who knew that in my first area I would have help find, teach and then also get the honor to baptise someone into the church. My first baptism on the mission was one I got to perform. It has been a long time in the making, but is so great to finally have Jerry entered the waters of Baptism. He has wanted this for about 4 months, and now he has the chance to work towards being sealed to his family for all Eternity.
      Anyway, on with the rest of the week. Transfer news didn't end up coming until monday evening. We got ours right before we pulled up to dinner. So President Larsen has great timing there. It was pretty sweet, and I am excited for this next transfer. Most of Monday night was spent visiting people, or preparing for Tuesday. 
      After the Baptism on Tuesday, we got the opportunity to host Elder Francom for the day. It was pretty fun. His Companion Elder Ronbinson had to take the car into the shop, and so, there wasn't any room for Elder Francom to stay down in Great Falls, so we got to have him third wheel for a day. It was a lot of fun. We tried a few people, including Kim, with little to no success. Then for dinner, we had the oppurtunity to go to the Contways. I love this family, so we jumped at the oppurtunity to do so. It was pretty sweet. Br. Contway showed us how he colors his bronze sculptures, so I was so happy to be able to see that.
       Wednesday was really full of activites. Br. Allen, when we helped him move, gave us some money to buy beakfast at the cozy corner, so we had breakfast there before studies and later going down to great falls to drop Elder Francom off. Afterwards, we tried to visit a couple people, but I had a horrible headache, so we finished up, and I then took a nice short nap to feel back up to par. We ended the night after dinner with Br. Phinney by helping out at Grant's Eagle Project, building an extension to the Vaughn Elementary School Greenhouse. 
      Saturday went OK. We had decided to visit a couple people, then go to the community Dinner put on by the fire department. Our hope and goal was to talk to a few nonmembers while we were there, but we ran out of time, and no one really started o show up untill after we were heading out towards our next appointment. So, that was a bust, but at least we tried.
      Sunday was interesting and disappointing. Jerry wasn't feeling very good, so he wasn't confirmed this week, but we will get him. We had lunch with the Rushtons, and she gave us Rattlesnake to eat, that was pretty interesting. After we did our studies, we headed out towards dinner, because they are a little ways away. After all that, I got to make my first ever set of district calls and reports to the zone leaders. I was a little nerve racked, but it was good.
      Overall this week has been a pretty good experience. We had many exciting new challenges and struggles, but also many fun times. We have learned a lot this week about each other. Oh, and I just remembered what I told Elder Lunt the other day. I said, " You should feel lucky, your my first Companion to last more than 6 weeks with me." Haha.
       Well, I hope that the week was pretty good for all of you, and I hope that you are all safe. Keep up the good work, and I'll talk you next week. 

Love, 
Elder Sherwood

Pictures:
Bronze coloring process. I really enjoy how I caught the spark turning into a propane flame.
Bronze coloring process
Bronze coloring process
Bronze coloring process. Final product.
My rattlesnake is eating my sudoku puzzle.
Elder Ritchie, Jerry and me.
Elder Lunt, Jerry and me.

No comments: