Monday, October 22, 2018

Transfer 3, Week 6: A Much Too Early Winter

Hey Everyone,
       How are you all doing? This week has been great for us here in Montana. Cold, but great. There are so many exciting things that will be upcoming, so no need to dawdle right?
        To Start, How about that Weather... 😱😭.While it has been around 60 degrees outside for all of you, Nice t-shirt weather, and a beautiful open sky. It has been no warmer that 40 for most of the week. It snowed much of this last week, and has been pretty cold and different. I have a couple pictures below of what we got by one morning.This was way to early for it to be this cold. I wasn't expecting something like this untill December #UtahWinter. But, it's supposed to be in the 60's for the next week, so I'm keeping my hopes high.
       So, because of General Conference, the dinner calendar did not get passed around this week. Meaning, you guessed it no dinners for us. I know, it's such a weird thing to think about. But that is what has happened for the last 2 weeks. (the week before we were in Augusta, so it didn't get passed then either). So, as a result, I'm hoping to have lost a little of the weight I have gained so far on the mission. It was a little rough of a week that way. 
        Anyway, lets get into the meat of the email, the good stuff. On Monday, for Preparation Day, we as a zone, (except River's Edge) went on a quick hike to the "Sluice Boxes". It was a pretty fun hike. We had to hike along the cliff face several times, and then played with some rocks by the river. It was a pretty good time. 
         I'm getting super excited for Jerry's Baptism which will happen tomorrow. He is so ready for it, and I so happy for him. On Wednesday, we had a visit with Jerry in which assuming he came to church on Sunday, planned out the baptismal service. It will happen on Tuesday at 1pm. Whatever happens with transfers, we're probably going to be at the church almost ALL DAY tomorrow. Jerry has asked me to be the one to baptise him. Then assuming he doesn't get transfered, Elder Lunt will perform the confirmation. So this will be a very exciting time for me. My first Baptism of the mission, and I get to perform it. I'm so excited.
       On Thursday, we had to do a lot of driving. So, Jerry's baptismal interview was on Thursday. We had to drive down to Great Falls to pick up the District Leader (Elder Hayes) because they have loaned their car to the Portage Sisters for the past month. (and for another 2 weeks). Anyway, so we had to drive them up to Jerry's house for the interview, which Jerry passed, YES!!!. We also got haircuts from Sister Helms, which is always great. It felt so good to have it done. Now Elder Lunt and I look pretty sweet.
       Friday and Saturday were bitter sweet. When we heard that we might have to go up to Browning for Halloween, we decided that we should walk or ride bikes for the day, its an extra 200 miles that weren't planned for. We decided to walk around and try a bunch of people. Around 5:30 pm, we went and assisted with the move of the Allens. They are moving to Dutton, which is in the Choteau ward. I am sad to see them go, but luckily Br. Allen will still work at the library in Fairfield, so I'll still get to see him. Br. Allen Gave us 2 Susan B. Anthony dollar coins each for helping, so I guess I have a momento to remember him by. We also helped them put the final truck bed load into their truck Saturday morning, and Br. Allen gave us about $25 to get something to eat. I guess I know where we are having breakfast on Wednesday, Cozy Corner Cafe.
        For dinner on Friday, yep the one day we had a dinner, we had Captain Crunch French Toast with the Frosts. It was so good, rich, and filling. I could only put 1 piece down. But it was worth it. 
      Sunday was such a great day. First of all, Jerry came to church. He Did It!!! And he drove himself. He is all set to be baptized now. We are going to have one. Otherwise, after studies and all that jazz, we had a great lunch with the Kolste family, which by the end, was almost the whole Kolste clan. There were easily 20+ people in that room. It was so crowded. We also tried to visit a few people on our way to Great Falls to spend the night at the Zone Leaders place, because they offered us Pie and Ice Cream. It was a pretty good week. 
        Now, what you are probably all wanting to know and anxious to hear. Transfer News. The news is that We Haven't Recieved Anything Yet. We were expecting it last night. But the Assistants told the Zone Leaders not utill Monday Morning. And as of this moment of me writing this email, we still haven't heard anything. I am hoping I don't get sent anywhere yet, But who knows. I want to find out, whether or not I need to say goodbye to people. UGH!!!!
        Well, How have the discussions been about Conference so far? It truly has been a revelatory Conference. I can't wait to hear what they do next. It will be so cool to have 2 hour church, and that hour of study at home. 
        I hope you all have had a good week, and continue to have fun. In case of any transfer, I would wait to send any type of mail until I let you know of the correct address, if I'm transfered. Well, I can't to hear from you all. Till next week.

Love,
Elder Sherwood

Pictures:

Brother Pearson selfie
Selfie with Andrew Wambach, who is going to Brazil on his mission in February.
Brother Phinney with us.
The snow on Wednesday.
Beautiful sunset from Sunday night.

No comments: