Monday, September 24, 2018

Transfer 3, Week 3: Another Day in Fairfield, Montana

Hey Everyone,
       How's everyone's week going? This past week has been full of some great surprises, both good and bad.  I don't want to hold the suspense more than what we need to, so let's get started. 
       To start we had exchanges with the zone leaders this week. Elder Ritchie came to Fairfield, and Elder Lunt went to Great Falls.  I felt a little deja vu coming, suprised?🤗 It was pretty great. I learned a fair bit from him on how to improve for my trainee, and helped the Contways rope again, of course. 
         So, it is starting to get a little colder here in Montana. Sadly, Fall is here, so I bought a nice light jacket from Wal-Mart. What do you guys think? I think I'll probably need to start buying more winter gear soon, or it will be way to cold.

Elder Ritchie and I helping Br. Contway in my new jacket.
         I don't know if I mentioned this before, but training is really different. I'm used to being on the receiving end of training. So this is kind of a new experience. But I really like it, there's so much to learn, and to teach. Sometimes I feel like I'm learning more than him.
          Anyway, the rest of the week was full. After a great district meeting at which Elder Lunt and I gave the discussions, we went and had our bi-weekly lesson with Jerry. He's going back to North Dakota, until the 30th. I really hope that he actually comes back a little earlier, because if he does, and he comes to church, it's possible that he could get baptized before the transfer ends. I would love that, because you never know when you're going to get that call from president and you have to move.
         Other than that we had interviews with President Larson this week. They were pretty good. President was kind of behind as usual, but that's okay it all worked out great.
          John actually has had a really cool spin, which makes Elder Lunt and I very excited. John is reading the Book of Mormon on his own again, and is doing his best to quit smoking. This is a great for him, and I really hope that he feel so too.
           We found a new person with interest this week. Her name is Kim. And she lives close to John. She just moved in, so we're going to need to drop by again soon and see if she needs help. I'm excited to see how this turns out.
             Elder Lunt ought to feel special. I ended up crying into dinner lessons. Not because I'm sad, but because we were teaching about something I really believe in. Most of you guys from back home would attest, at least I think you would, but I don't cry very often. But I did twice this week so, I think I might be broken? No it was good. We were talking about service and learning to love people. It just made me cry and I love it.
          I know this seems kind of like a short email today but to be honest those were kind of the highlights. The rest of the week was really just same old missionary stuff talking people, no one answering doors. This week we tried to talk to different members or less active members, didn't work out too well. Oh, well.
         Well, I guess it's time for the spiritual thought. To go off what I said about the dinner lessons, A Mormon Message I found out I really like is "LIFT". It is about how a ward elders quorum learned to love to serve this older disabled woman in their ward. It really touched my heart. And I know it can and will touch yours as well. 
          I hope to hear from you all soon. Don't be strangers, and keep up the great work. As my mom said in her email yesterday, till next week...

Love,
Elder Sherwood 

Pictures....
Not many again.....
With Elder Ritchie, we saw 5 horses, just walking down the middle of the road.

No comments: