Monday, September 17, 2018

Transfer 3, week 2: Firewood, Farms, and Meetings

Hey Everyone,
        This week has been pretty great. It's been full of a lot of fun and exciting times, so I won't hold back and we'll get started...
          So to start off we had the transfer dinner this week. This time it was at President Rowley's house out in Great Falls. It was a lot of fun. We had a seafood something, can't remember what it's called. We also talked a lot about ministering and helping the members to find their plus one person. The plus one challenge is something the Great Falls Stake is doing where each members asked to find one additional person to minister to whether member or non-member. I think it might be a church-wide initiative, because I remember something about that at this last General Conference. So we'll see how it goes, I'm excited.
:-)
         Surprisingly 9/11 was pretty slow, we didn't get a whole a lot done, but that's okay. There's always room for improvement. We had a decent lesson with John. And then we helped the Contways at his place again.
        Now, firewood and Farms. Wednesday morning we got the opportunity to go to the Rammells place, and help them package some firewood and then he showed us around his farm. According to him, every missionary that serves here has to try to grab a pig. I wish I got a video cuz it was funny, but I don't that's too bad :-(. But it was pretty great. I loved seeing all the animals and helping package up the firewood. Afterwards we help the youth paint a fence, and talked to the bishop about our plan for Jerry. Jerry's back, by the way.  I'm so happy. :-)
          Thursday was literally full of meetings. We had Zone conference from 9 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. It was a great meeting, but really did throw off our schedule. We ended up having to reschedule a few things because of the meeting. But everything worked out so it was pretty good. This zone conference focused a lot on being perfectly obedient as well as understanding Christ's atonement and how we can apply in our lives, and both how to be a preach my gospel missionary and a lot on Creative finding. These last two I am planning on putting a big emphasis on over this next transfer. Because they are the key to becoming a more effective missionary.
        The next two days were pretty great. They were kind of what we would normally expect and we were nice and busy and doing a lot of stuff. One of the great things was that we got to have a lesson with both of our investigators, John and Jerry. After Jerry, we went and tried to visit some less actives, but none were home :-(. We got to see a pretty cool looking caterpillar at dinner.  I'll attach the picture below.
          And then to end the night, we did some creative finding. We had been invited to go to the home football game. It was actually homecoming, but that's not important. Anyway, we went there and we tried to talk to a few people and get some contacts. It went pretty well, we didn't get the contacts we were expecting or hoping for but it was okay we talked to a few people.
          Saturday we got to go to Augusta again. So after our lesson with John we went down to Augusta and walked around the block, before going and visiting a less active. it was pretty great. Augusta is a cool little western-looking town, and I love it.
           Well that pretty much summed up the exciting parts of this week. My spiritual thought for this week actually is more of a challenge. One thing that President Larson said at zone conference that kind of stuck with me, is that Preach My Gospel is for everyone not just missionaries. It may be directed toward full-time missionaries but if you think about it we are all missionaries. So I encourage everyone to pick a chapter in Preach MyGospel, and to read it, study it, mark it, and maybe do the activities in it. I know that it can and will bless your life, and you will find great opportunities to serve others and fulfill your ministering assignments.
        Well, I love emailing all of you. It's a great highlight of my week. I hope to hear from you all soon, and we'll see you next week.
 Love, 
 Elder Sherwood 
 Now pictures ... I don't have very many today, that's sad maybe I should do better? :-) 

Pretty cool looking caterpillars.

No comments: