Monday, August 6, 2018

Transfer 2, week 2: Preparation for Zone Conference

Hey Everyone,
          I hope everything is going alright. It has been a pretty slow week for us. But it happens, so I can't complain to much. Well, let's get started.
          So, zone conference was this past Friday, and Elder M received the assignment to play the violin in a musical number for the meeting. Holy cow, I didn't know that Elder M could play the violin. This definitely changed our schedule slightly throughout the week, because he needed to practice. 
            Since the week was really slow, there isn't much to mention, but I'll do my best. Elder  M doesn't like to do any tracting. Rather, he likes to work with Less Actives more often. So I'm between everything, we spent a lot of time building a current less active list for both of the wards we cover. Of course it didn't help that we didn't have a dinner every night. Which is unusual. But we got through it. So, 🤗👍
          We had a church tour with Jerry this week. It was a great experience. I can tell that he is really growing in the spirit, wanting to find more and more everyday.
          We had zone conference on Friday, like I said earlier. It went so well. I felt the spirit there, and learned so much and was insured to change a few things, it was so great. We talked a fair bit about music, and media. What was a little surprising to me was that many missionaries were hiding tv's or Xboxes, and other not approved media in their apartment. I understand that not every missionary likes to follow the rules, but I didn't think they went this far. I love what President Larsen said about it. He said, "I don't know where they find time to watch movies". Because we have a pretty full schedule ALL DAY LONG. Obedience was a huge topic that was discussed at the meeting, and it has really made me reflect on what I can do to improve. 
        Saturday was probably the slowest day of the week. We did visit our investigators for a short bit, but Elder M wasn't feeling to well, so we spent a lot of time studying, and he took a long nap in the afternoon. But, I didn't mind. This was my first time having a sick companion. So it was a really interesting experience. 
          Overall, even though the week was slow. It was still a pretty good week. I love being out here serving the people of Fairfield, Montana. One thing I have really learned well over the past week was on Thursday evening. Elder M was practicing for zone conference with a few other missionaries. So Elder Wilcox and I go out tracting together to fill our time. We didn't get a single referall, or new interest the whole time. But that's not what mattered. All that matters is where our hearts are. We may not be able to see the difference we make, or even make a difference in someone's life. But as long as we are trying, and doing our best to fulfill our calling to the best of our ability, we will find that peace and happiness. This also applies to home. When anyone keeps their heart centered on Christ and doing what he would want us to do, we can feel the peace of knowing that we are appreciated by our Father in Heaven, and that He loves us for trying. It gives me a lot of comfort knowing this, especially when my companion doesn't want to follow the rules as much. I get that feeling as long as I do my best to follow the example of Christ. 
         Well, that's all about my week this week. I always love hearing from you. And I can't wait to see what exciting thing will happen this next week. I love all of you, and miss you. 

Love,
Elder Sherwood 

Pictures... not many from this past week. I'll have to try harder.

A missionary showed me this monopoly picture and grounded sign. 🤣

Another picture from Glacier National Park
One more picture from our trip to Glacier National Park
Me and Elder M

No comments: