Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Transfer 2, Week 4: A New Member

Hey Everyone,
        This week has been both exciting and almost scary. We have been both worried and happy. Let's go over it. 
          We had exchanges with the zone leaders this week. I stayed in Great Falls with Elder Madsen. We had a fun time visiting people, teaching lessons, and going on splits with a member. One cool thing we did, was help a member, Br. Bailey, make a ctr ring for Elder Madsen before he leaves for home. Elder Madsen chose almond wood I think. It is quite cool, and I can't wait to see the finished product. This made me want to relocate my ring, and start wearing it again. Lucky for me, mine was only hidden in my suit pocket. 
          Wednesday was both exciting, and scary. After district meeting, we went to our appointment with one of our investigators, Jerry. We got no answer again. I was really starting to get worried, because it had been almost a full week since our last contact with him. No phone calls or visits worked. I was starting to think he was trying to avoid us, but that wouldn't of made sense, since he has always said that he loves our visits. 
           Later that night, we were asked by Bishop Steyee, if we could stop by and Be extra priesthood leaders for the youth. We were totally down for that. We get to spend time with the youth, and give a mini lesson was a great thought we had in mind. Well it didn't quite go that way. We did go as priesthood leaders, but then we were dragged into the activities, instead of being spectators, ok. It was great. We played with ice cream, and made sculptures, depicting something from book of mormon, out of 1lb blocks of ice cream. People did everything from the tree of life, to the arms that Ammon cut off. I thought my sculpture was pretty good. I made a very detailed version of the gold plates. The hardest part was easily doing it, before it all melted away. That was tricky. Elder Manning did a sculpture of the Rameumptom. It was a really fun night. 
          Thursday, was boring untill about 6pm, all we really did after our studies were, spot check the apartment before inspections, and weekly plan, since we didn't have a dinner😭. Inspections went well. Not surprised there. They just like to check to make sure we don't have any stuff that's against the rules, like the tvs they have found in other apartments, and that we are being good and clean little missionaries. But it is after 6pm, that things got exciting. 
          Since Elder Manning interviewed him, we had the opportunity to attend Cruz Riggins baptism. A new convert that the zone leaders taught. He is 9 years old, and the son of a member family. But Cruz chose to wait for his dad to return home. I don't know where his dad was at the time. But anyway, it was a pretty great night, and Cruz was so happy afterwards. I'm so glad he chose to get baptised. So, that was my first convert baptism seen on my mission. Our investigators date is this upcoming Saturday. I'm so excited for that.
         On Friday we were finally able to get in contact with Jerry. Thank goodness. I was really getting worried about him. We had another couple great visits with him, and he is still doing well, other than coming to church. I doubt I'll see him baptised, especially since he is going out of town for 2+ weeks in September. But I will be so excited Tuesday that he finally is baptised. Other than that, the usual happened, a new referral, dinner with our ward mission leader, and the usual stuff.
           Sunday was great. We had an early meeting to plan for the baptism if John with the ward mission leader beforeward council. The day went pretty well. Church is always fun. We taught a mini lesson to a Sunday school class about missionary work. 
          Later that evening, we went out to a recent convert family, the Contways. We had a good visit with them, and helped them buck hay, so that it wouldn't get wet if it rains today. That was fun. This week overall was really fun and exciting, I can't wait to see what happens next week. 
         Ok, spiritual thought of the week. This week, I've been thinking, and working on the christlike attribute of patience. This week has been a really good trial week, as I got advice from Elder Madsen about how to work with a difficult companion. I have been trying to follow that advice and Be patient with both myself and my companion. As I have gone through this, I have been patient with him, and it has helped me build the love our savior has for others. I know that as we do our best to be patient with those we interact with, we can learn to love them, and understand that they are imperfect people trying to do a perfect job. As we are patient with them, we can build both our bonds of friendship, and come to understand how the savior felt, and feels towards each one of us. 
         Well, this week was great. I can't wait for this next week's adventures. I love you all, and cant wait to hear from you. 
Love,
Elder Sherwood

Pictures.....
Elder Manning's Rameumptom
My golden plates ice cream sculpture
Elder Manning reading
Selfie on the hay
Bucking the hay

No comments: