Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Another Week Gone

Hello Everyone, 
    Another week has come and gone. It is amazing how fast the time is flying.  I feel like only yesterday, I arrived, and now we welcomed our new district,  and I only have 1 week left till I leave. 
     It has been a pretty rough week for me,  though.  Meeting the new district was great,  and classes are so inspiring and helpful,  it is absolutely astounding  how much I am learning here. One of the best parts I love about this place is the strength of the spirit.  I wish I didn't have to leave next week,  because I will really miss it here.  
     This week,  we worked a lot on teaching skills, and helping the investigator feel comfortable.  Skills like talking about them,  to really get to know them,  making them feel comfortable, and validating their faith and other personal stories. It has really helped our investigators open up, and through this, our lessons have improved greatly.
     These last few days, starting with Saturday, have been exceedingly challenging, I have been hit by a cold, which has made it hard to focus in class. It started with a small cough, and grew to a mix of major allergies, coughing, and headaches. It wasn't pretty at all, but I know I can get through it, because the lord needs me in Montana next week. 
      Our newest TRC, is really funny, he talks a lot about his family, and is not shy at all about telling us what he wants from us. It has made it really easy to know how to help him, and we are excited to see where it takes him, and us. 
      I had the biggest  shock this past Wednesday, the Sister Training Leaders, Sisters Collins and Parkinson, and the Zone Leaders, Elder Allen and I went to meet the new district. We started off with some get to know you questions and the game 2 truths and a lie. When we got to one of the new sisters, she said that she had a cousin here. We were all curious who was her cousin that was here. It was Me. Her name was Sister Clark. the daughter of Lorin.   We were all awestruck and it was the most crazy thing we had heard all week. The best part about the whole thing, was that I was the only one who had absolutely no idea that she was my cousin until she mentioned it. There were in total 8 sisters and 2 elders that came to to the mtc in our zone this week. So yeah, we have more than 2 elders in the zone. 
       Friday night was one of the best times of the week. We got to watch the Be One celebration. It was an amazing show, and I loved how it gave a lot in insights for what the people have gone through all this time. I loved to learn a little about their culture, and was sad to see how much they struggled over the past century. I loved the gospel choir, and Alex Boyay, sorry for the spelling. It was a great night of music, laughter, and appreciation for our brothers and sisters in the world. 
      I know that the mission  is just getting started for me, but I am happy and excited to meet all those lovely people in the Montana Billings area. I know the Lord has prepared them for me, and I for them. And I am excited to go out and serve him with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. The Lord is hastening his work in our day, and we need to be ready to respond to the call. We all have the power to really help those who have even the smallest glimpse of faith. All we have to do is act, and we will touch the lives of others. I love and miss you all, but The lord needs the valiant to stay strong, and that is what I intend to do, for he is my God, and I love him more than anything else on earth. 

Note: This will be my last P-Day in the mtc, So I don't know when the next time I will be able to write will be. That being said, anything that is sent through the mail, needs to be delivered by Monday the 11th, or plan on sending it to my mission home address which is:

Elder Jacob Taylor Sherwood
Montana Billings Mission
1848 Rimrock Rd
Billings MT 59102
United States 

All my love, 
Elder Sherwood

Now for a few pictures:

My Companion and I
Our district in front of Moses
Selfie Time!
Sister Missionaries are crazy!
A birthday wish

No comments: